Feel free to incorporate these Parmesan cheese crisps into your charcuterie board or use them as an elegant garnish for your soups. In addition, they make for a delightful alternative to croutons in your salads.
One option is to go for store-bought shredded Parmesan, which imparts a delicate, almost “lacy” texture to the crisps. On the other hand, freshly shredded Parmesan can be used for a quicker and more complete melting, resulting in crisps that have a smoother, more cohesive appearance.
And for an extra burst of flavor, don’t hesitate to sprinkle your favorite seasoning lightly onto each crisp before they go into the oven.
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Recipe for Parmesan Cheese Crisps
- Begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Next, prepare a baking sheet by lining it with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Using a tablespoon as your guide, create 16 individual mounds of cheese. Each mound should be approximately 2 inches in diameter, and ensure they are spaced at least 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. To achieve even thickness, gently press down on the center of each cheese mound.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake until the cheese has completely melted, and its edges turn a lovely shade of brown. This should take approximately 4 to 6 minutes.
- Once done, carefully remove the crisps from the oven and allow them to cool for a duration of 15 minutes.
- After they have cooled, carefully remove the crisps from the baking sheet. To maintain their freshness, store them in an airtight container at room temperature. These delightful cheese crisps can be stored for up to 5 days, retaining their wonderful taste and texture.
- 6 Creative Cottage Cheese Recipes That Aren’t Old-School
- Rosa Marina Soup Recipe – Blend of Veggies and Meats
Nutrition Chart – Parmesan Cheese Crisps
|Servings Per Recipe 15|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 0g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||0%|