Find out the mouthwatering marriage of churros and cheesecake in these scrumptious churro cheesecake bars. Crafted with convenience in mind, store-bought crescent dough becomes the canvas for a creamy cream cheese mixture infused with cinnamon, all crowned with a liberal dusting of cinnamon sugar.
Elevate the experience by serving these bars with Mexican cajeta for an extra layer of caramel indulgence. It’s a flavor combination that’s simply irresistible!
Savor the goodness of these churro cheesecake bars; they are wonderfully rich, decadent, and pleasantly sweet. What’s more, they’re surprisingly simple to whip up. Enjoy them as a delightful dessert after a meal or alongside a comforting cup of coffee.
Churro Cheesecake Bar Ingredients
To whip up these churro cheesecake bars, gather the following ingredients:
- ½ cup of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- Two packages of brown sugar and cinnamon spreadable cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Optional: orange zest for a touch of brightness
- Refrigerated crescent sheets for a convenient crust.
- Melted butter to add richness and help the sugar stick.
- Optional: Cajeta, a Mexican caramel, for a perfect finishing touch.
How to Make Churro Cheesecake Bars?
Here’s a quick overview of what to expect when preparing churro cheesecake bars:
- Sprinkle a prepared pan with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- Place one crescent sheet in the pan as the base.
- Prepare the filling and spread it evenly over the first crescent sheet.
- Add the second crescent sheet on top, then drizzle melted butter over it.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture and bake until golden brown.
- If you can’t find cream cheese spread with brown sugar and cinnamon, substitute with two 8-oz. packages of cream cheese, and blend in 1/2 cup packed brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon along with the vanilla and optional orange zest for that churro flavor.
- If you have perforated crescent rolls instead of crescent sheets, roll them out as usual and then pinch together the perforation marks for a sturdy sheet.
Keep the tightly covered churro cheesecake bars in the refrigerator for up to three days.
You can freeze churro cheesecake bars for up to three months. Thaw them in the refrigerator overnight when you’re ready to enjoy them.
Step by Step: How to make Churro Cheesecake Bars?
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making these delectable churro cheesecake bars:
- Gather all your ingredients.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly coat a 13×9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle half of the sugar mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Place one crescent sheet in the pan, trimming it to fit if necessary.
- For the filling, in a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg, vanilla, and orange zest with a mixer on medium speed until it becomes smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese filling evenly over the crescent layer in the pan.
- Gently place the remaining crescent sheet over the filling.
- Pour the melted butter over the top.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake until the bars turn golden brown, approximately 30 minutes.
- Let them cool slightly, then cut into bars.
- Serve them warm or refrigerate and enjoy within 24 hours.
- For an extra touch, drizzle with Cajeta just before serving.
|Servings Per Recipe: 24|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 12g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||34%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||2%|
|Total Sugars 8g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||1%|
Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved